SmartRail 2018 – building the digital railway of the future
As the annual strategic technology conference for mainline rail, SmartRail is a must-attend event for all railway industry stakeholders including infrastructure managers, operators, solutions providers and governments.
What’s new for 2018?
- A global conference: SmartRail will bring together rail industry leaders from around the world, with speakers from the Americas, Eurasia, and Africa.
- Three streams of exclusive content: Alongside plenary sessions on cyber security and industry collaboration, the conference will feature three streams dedicated to infrastructure management, signalling, telecoms, and train operations.
- Brand new freight rail session: For the first time, SmartRail will have an entire session dedicated to freight rail on the second day of the conference, looking at major issues facing freight rail and cost-effective strategies for improving reliability and service.
- Brand new Mobility-as-a-Service session: Day 2 will have a session on making journeys easy for the modern passenger, bringing together leading experts in ticketing, mobility, and customer satisfaction.
- Workshop day: Day 3 will see the launch of a brand-new workshop day, packed with interactive workshop sessions on a range of topics including predictive maintenance and cyber security.
- Site visits: Thanks to support from Nederlandse Spoorwegen and ProRail, delegates will have the opportunity to visit key local rail sites in Amsterdam and experience developments first-hand.